Magick Entwined
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magick Entwined

Magick Entwined is a Forum dedicated to the unification of all Magick. Magick that is as bright as the Sun, or as dark as a Moonless, Starless, lightless Night. We come together to share our knowledge, our belief's, and our Love. Welcome all!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

A little theory i developed about Psycho-activity and brain usage.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kneph
Ara(Altar)
Kneph

A little theory i developed about Psycho-activity and brain usage.  Empty
PostSubject: A little theory i developed about Psycho-activity and brain usage.    A little theory i developed about Psycho-activity and brain usage.  Icon_minitime1May 22nd 2011, 1:55 am

So i was thinking quite a bit.
Humans use roughly 10-15 percent of their brain usually. (correct me if this has changed)
My theory is, that since humans can have premonitory visions/experiences, and other psychic abilities, perhaps our psychic traits are connected to our brainpower. I've always wondered what we could do if we could use all 100% of our brain, especially parallel to the idea of our brain usage changing the further the human race evolves. I read somewhere, that brainwave activity was recorded during different activities performed by different people. One of which, was diviniation. those that successfully scryed or diviniated, showed tremendous increase in mental activity, from ~14% to a jacked up 22% on average.
I was wondering if there is any way this theory could be plausible.

Very Happy,
Kneph Benoit.
Back to top Go down
Bodhisattva
Tigron
Bodhisattva

PostSubject: Re: A little theory i developed about Psycho-activity and brain usage.    A little theory i developed about Psycho-activity and brain usage.  Icon_minitime1May 22nd 2011, 2:05 pm

In my studies the brain's activity largely varies depending on the particular action in question. But generally it falls within the ten percent range.

However the brain usually almost never leaves the ten range give or take a percentage. Even when we are sleeping we are using the same amount of processing power. However as we get older we use more brain power as more of our neurons decay or die or our connections get weak or insensitive. Thus compensating.

Although Whether we can bring it up to a hundred would be extremely hard if not currently physiologically impossible in our current biology. But assuming we could achieve this our brains would in a sense may end up being confused and we may even die for multitude of reasons. Such as no processes dedicated towards the maitenance of the heart or breathing, hormone regulation or what not. Certain areas of our brain specialize so hence the limited capacity. Unless we could somehow multitask or multithread at unparallel extents then it would be plausible to lets say generate large amounts of electromagnetic radiation to maybe telepathy, enhanced premonition or whatever have you. But on that notion we would loose alot of capability over the ravages of time not to mention mentally age quicker and require dire more amounts of food, as that extent the brain would use more energy than the rest of the body and likely cause our heads to overheat, and our brains start to die at 40 degrees celcius. At the rate 100% we'd likely be hitting the 45 range unless by chance we have an adapation or compensation to combat that particular problem.

Alot more science behind it but I think you get the deal. Although it is said it is highly possible to achieve it, just improbable.
Back to top Go down
Kneph
Ara(Altar)
Kneph

PostSubject: Re: A little theory i developed about Psycho-activity and brain usage.    A little theory i developed about Psycho-activity and brain usage.  Icon_minitime1May 23rd 2011, 11:59 am

It's funny. you just touched on many other counter statements i developed while working on this theory. I find it really interesting how our bodies regulate heat from our brain. If our brains reach a temperature of only 10 degrees higher than normal, we die because the brain overheats.
i love biology now that i have a better metaphysical idea of how our world works.
Back to top Go down
Bodhisattva
Tigron
Bodhisattva

PostSubject: Re: A little theory i developed about Psycho-activity and brain usage.    A little theory i developed about Psycho-activity and brain usage.  Icon_minitime1May 25th 2011, 9:22 am

Yes tis the beauty of both coming together to create a more fuller picture =) beautiful really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little theory i developed about Psycho-activity and brain usage.    A little theory i developed about Psycho-activity and brain usage.  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A little theory i developed about Psycho-activity and brain usage.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magick Entwined :: The Central hub :: General Chat-
Jump to: