Magick Entwined
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magick Entwined

Magick Entwined is a Forum dedicated to the unification of all Magick. Magick that is as bright as the Sun, or as dark as a Moonless, Starless, lightless Night. We come together to share our knowledge, our belief's, and our Love. Welcome all!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Advice regarding a student

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoshuaMaverick
Ara(Altar)
JoshuaMaverick

Advice regarding a student Empty
PostSubject: Advice regarding a student   Advice regarding a student Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2011, 5:46 pm

My fellow brothers and sisters of the arts.

I write to you on this day with worry in my heart and mind seeking your enlightened guidance. Since a while back I have been teaching a new student in the arts of my tradition. She is talented, powerful and has allot of potential. She might even become more powerful than me one day. But above all this she is reckless, impatient and unfocused. She never listens to instructions and when she does she always get them wrong. I have struggled with the question whether or not to let her go but I fear what she might become without my guidance. She could hurt herself and perhaps even others.

What advice do you give me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/tantricmanifestation/home
Bodhisattva
Tigron
Bodhisattva

PostSubject: Re: Advice regarding a student   Advice regarding a student Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2011, 6:02 pm

Only a poor student who doesn't surpass their master. But a true master will defend their pupil behest their beliefs.

So I was told by a wise woman. Personally whenever any my pupils never listen to me, I let them burn themselves to prove a point, or I keep letting them fall until they come crawling back. I can show anyone what they wish but some do not wish to see. Which is their every right to decline and seek out what they will. I have learned the universe is a much crueller and stern teacher than I. So I am content with that regard, especially if they pose dangers to others. In that regard if I find the danger is too great I do intervene, and do my best to mitigate the damage. If I do not charge them with patching themselves first.

But it was said I cannot remember who but experience is a hard teacher she gives the test first and the lesson after. They have two options of either following a guide or following what most of us went through already.

Although I must insist you just drop final words of advice and notify her of your disconnection from her as a result. Someone else could benefit from you instead of wasting your time. If all is said and done then the situation should rectify without much of a mental note.
Back to top Go down
Ravens_Flame
Ara(Altar)
Ravens_Flame

PostSubject: Re: Advice regarding a student   Advice regarding a student Icon_minitime1March 23rd 2011, 12:32 pm

She will become whatever she will become now with or without your guidance. You have guided her as far as you can and she is not taking notice of possibly the most important lessons you have to teach, those of patience, self respect and respect of the arts which she is keen to learn (perhaps to keen). I would echo what bodhisattva has said and cut your ties, with all love and respect to her. We cannot teach those that do not wish to be taught our ways.

Blessed Be x
Back to top Go down
JoshuaMaverick
Ara(Altar)
JoshuaMaverick

PostSubject: Re: Advice regarding a student   Advice regarding a student Icon_minitime1March 29th 2011, 11:10 am

Thank you for the advice handed to me, I have taken them all into consideration and meditated upon them. A few days ago I reached a conclusion and arrived at the shore of clarity. I presented my student with a test, a test that she utterly failed and therefore is no longer my student. I explained my concerns about her future path and gave her some advice of my own. I hope she will follow them and learn by the mistakes she will most certain make.

Thank you once more for aiding me in this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/tantricmanifestation/home
Ravens_Flame
Ara(Altar)
Ravens_Flame

PostSubject: Re: Advice regarding a student   Advice regarding a student Icon_minitime1March 29th 2011, 2:46 pm

Glad it is all sorted for you, always sad to lose a student but better than continuing to worry so much.

xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice regarding a student   Advice regarding a student Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Advice regarding a student
Page 1 of 1