Magick Entwined
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magick Entwined

Magick Entwined is a Forum dedicated to the unification of all Magick. Magick that is as bright as the Sun, or as dark as a Moonless, Starless, lightless Night. We come together to share our knowledge, our belief's, and our Love. Welcome all!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Jesus

Go down 
+4
Frater S A
Bodhisattva
Tatanial Kayhon
Kneph
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kneph
Ara(Altar)
Kneph

Jesus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Jesus   Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 22nd 2011, 10:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

just thought i'd post on Jesus. i'd like to find some things out aboot him.

It makes me sad when i hear people talking about Jesus (who aren't Christian) and calling him a fake (especially pagans). I feel that since we have orthopraxy we should acknowledge that he was a real person and that his stories are true. Other religions recognize him as real, why can't some pagans?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Maya101
Ara(Altar)
Maya101

Jesus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus   Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1April 13th 2011, 9:37 pm

Tatanial Kayhon wrote:
When we look at history, the story of the birth of Jesus as been told a few times before, like in Egypt, on the 24th of December,

Tatanial, actually Jesus was not born on the 24th of December.There is a lot of speculation of when his birthday actually is. I did some research to find out why they changed it.

"The date in December was chosen by the Catholic Church in the early middle ages because instead of replacing a pagan celebration of the winter solace they changed the reason for the celebration to the birth of Jesus. Historians think that his actual birthday is in the late Spring or early summer. The clues are in the story. It tells of the Shepard's watching the flocks of sheep and that would take place in warm weather. The census that took place was also done later in the year and the fact that they travelled the way they did also shows it wasn't very cold."
Back to top Go down
Tatanial Kayhon
Aghama
Tatanial Kayhon

Jesus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus   Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1April 14th 2011, 8:30 pm

Maya101 wrote:
Tatanial Kayhon wrote:
When we look at history, the story of the birth of Jesus as been told a few times before, like in Egypt, on the 24th of December,

Tatanial, actually Jesus was not born on the 24th of December.There is a lot of speculation of when his birthday actually is. I did some research to find out why they changed it.

"The date in December was chosen by the Catholic Church in the early middle ages because instead of replacing a pagan celebration of the winter solace they changed the reason for the celebration to the birth of Jesus. Historians think that his actual birthday is in the late Spring or early summer. The clues are in the story. It tells of the Shepard's watching the flocks of sheep and that would take place in warm weather. The census that took place was also done later in the year and the fact that they travelled the way they did also shows it wasn't very cold."

Oh I am well aware of this speculation. We are talking about Jesus and Christians, and in Christianity, he is born on the 24th, so that's where I take my debate from. Then also, Jesus is not a Hebrew name, if there was a person who is the Jesus from the tales, his name was Yeshua.
Back to top Go down
https://magickentwined.forumotion.com
Maya101
Ara(Altar)
Maya101

Jesus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus   Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1April 15th 2011, 8:02 pm

I agree that many ignorant Christians who tend to be blind followers to those around them believe that his birthday is on Christmas Eve. But those who seek knowledge and understanding of the Word usually know. I personally think it's those who either pursue the religion or are surrounded by people who do not care are the main ones who do not know of this. They just assume that since we are supposed celebrate it on that day, that it happened on that day even though the Bible does not give a date. As a Christian, I wish that we could get rid of Christmas as a Christian Holiday for that reason and because it isn't even celebrated or looked at as one anyway, and there should be a new holiday made that it's like that. All the other religions that have holidays treat them just like they should be... a religious holiday.
Sorry for getting a little off topic, but it's not Christianity itself that believes that false date. I think it's more a society issue. Many Christians are either told or they just ask questions and this is one of the answers.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Algoma(Valley of Flowers)
Nyx

Jesus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus   Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1April 21st 2011, 11:39 am

Maya101 wrote:

Maya, just curious, where did you find this information? Can you link it?
Back to top Go down
Maya101
Ara(Altar)
Maya101

Jesus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus   Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1April 21st 2011, 7:47 pm

I'm sorry Nyx. I don't remember. There were so many things on Google. There's a whole bunch of stuff on it. However, I keep finding it saying something about it being in spring or summer. No one knows the actual date, but I think that is a good thing. I can imagine people going around boasting about having the same birthday as him or purposely getting married or something on that day just because of that. They would focus on the day rather than him and what he stands for. People have enough distractions as it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jesus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus   Jesus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Jesus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magick Entwined :: The Central hub :: General Chat-
Jump to: