Magick Entwined
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magick Entwined

Magick Entwined is a Forum dedicated to the unification of all Magick. Magick that is as bright as the Sun, or as dark as a Moonless, Starless, lightless Night. We come together to share our knowledge, our belief's, and our Love. Welcome all!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Giving Back to the community

Go down 
+2
Maya101
tarra
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tarra
Ara(Altar)
tarra

Giving Back to the community  Empty
PostSubject: Giving Back to the community    Giving Back to the community  Icon_minitime1February 19th 2011, 8:35 pm

Hi all,
Just wanted to share that I am applying for a volunteer job in my community for the victim assistance society in my City. I think it will be interesting work helping people who have been victimlized by crime, or disasters (house fires etc). I have been interested in working with charities for a while now but haven't had any opportunities that interst me. Hopefully this will help feed my soul so to speak and make me feel closer to my fellow humans lol.

Tarra
Back to top Go down
Maya101
Ara(Altar)
Maya101

PostSubject: Re: Giving Back to the community    Giving Back to the community  Icon_minitime1February 19th 2011, 8:43 pm

That's great!! It's always good to help others. I love doing charities too. You get to help people in need and meet others who also want to act. Keep up the good work. cheers
Back to top Go down
Dragon Heartstring
Ara(Altar)
Dragon Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Giving Back to the community    Giving Back to the community  Icon_minitime1February 19th 2011, 10:08 pm

That's great tarra, thats very nice that you show genuine concern for others without expecting anything in return. But no worries tarra, I know that in the process, you’re actually reaping rewards, in terms of health and spiritual benefits for yourself.

You really must be proud to be involved with a group which makes it a point to lend your hands with people who have much less in life and who would never be able to pay back whatever you give them. I am very very pleased to those people who can reach down and help to lift someone up.

Brightest Blessings!
Back to top Go down
Bodhisattva
Tigron
Bodhisattva

PostSubject: Re: Giving Back to the community    Giving Back to the community  Icon_minitime1February 19th 2011, 10:54 pm

It is good you choose to help others. It is a very commendable thing to do especially in the status of our world where chilvary is nearly dead.

Helping others is a good way to bridge between our collectiveness as a race. That is of course if you haven't lost faith in it like I am on brink of. Still I persist to do something to help mend the world even if its small stitches and rifts at a time.

I find helping others is the best way in helping ourselves grow as an individual and as a race.
Back to top Go down
tarra
Ara(Altar)
tarra

PostSubject: Re: Giving Back to the community    Giving Back to the community  Icon_minitime1February 19th 2011, 10:57 pm

Being that i hate my full time job which i have been doing for 15 years and becoming very disheartened with people, i find i need to connect again with people now that i am older and more confident with myself. I think its the only way i can truly help myself become more whole spiritually as well as show my children how fullfililng it can be to help others.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Heartstring
Ara(Altar)
Dragon Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Giving Back to the community    Giving Back to the community  Icon_minitime1February 19th 2011, 11:04 pm

Yes I agree tarra, I know the feeling of the warmth and grateful smiles of those you helped, bring so much joy in us that instantly melts whatever stress and mental and spiritual baggage and emotional scar we brought along with us.
Back to top Go down
Maya101
Ara(Altar)
Maya101

PostSubject: Re: Giving Back to the community    Giving Back to the community  Icon_minitime1February 20th 2011, 12:15 am

Yes, helping others does not only benefit them but yourself too. It's a very warm feeling like Dragon said.
Back to top Go down
Kneph
Ara(Altar)
Kneph

PostSubject: Re: Giving Back to the community    Giving Back to the community  Icon_minitime1February 25th 2011, 4:41 pm

there's a thrift store in my area called the Woemen's Resource Center. they are run by regular volunteers and they help women that are in abusive situations or need help in other ways. There's a Wiccan woman that works there and i thought that was really awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Giving Back to the community    Giving Back to the community  Icon_minitime1March 1st 2011, 7:34 pm

Volunteering is such a rewarding experience! I worked with Big Brothers, Big Sisters for awhile (mentorship program), and while my "little sister" and I ended up not relating all that well, it was one of the most amazing experiences I could imagine having. Kudos to you!
Back to top Go down
Astaroth Uriel
Ara(Altar)

PostSubject: Re: Giving Back to the community    Giving Back to the community  Icon_minitime1March 12th 2011, 12:43 pm

Returning back to the community takes a lot in many ways. I recall volunteering at a HIV hospice, the emotional cloud I attained from there hung over me for a good awhile. But I may have let it affected it me too much or perhaps it is better to feel it than feel numb towards the fact.
Back to top Go down
tarra
Ara(Altar)
tarra

PostSubject: Re: Giving Back to the community    Giving Back to the community  Icon_minitime1March 21st 2011, 12:27 am

I think that in this day and age, people are numb towards people they are not directly involved with. With incidents of people left dying on streets and such i think everyone needs to step up and help one another, and not just within our social circles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giving Back to the community    Giving Back to the community  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Giving Back to the community
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magick Entwined :: The Central hub :: General Chat-
Jump to: