Magick Entwined
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magick Entwined

Magick Entwined is a Forum dedicated to the unification of all Magick. Magick that is as bright as the Sun, or as dark as a Moonless, Starless, lightless Night. We come together to share our knowledge, our belief's, and our Love. Welcome all!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Familiars

Go down 
+2
Tatanial Kayhon
Nyx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nyx
Algoma(Valley of Flowers)
Nyx

Familiars Empty
PostSubject: Familiars   Familiars Icon_minitime1February 1st 2011, 4:15 am

Ohhh, I would definitely like more information on this one Wink
Back to top Go down
Tatanial Kayhon
Aghama
Tatanial Kayhon

Familiars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiars   Familiars Icon_minitime1February 1st 2011, 4:45 am

Well, I will say what I can.

A familiar is an animal, in the physical plane, who you find you spiritually connect with. These Animals, which can be more then one. Seem to fuel you in your Magickal and spiritual work, as well as, seemingly be guiding you to the right choices and paths.

Many times, if the bond between witch and Familiar is valid and true, they will even come to you, during your practices and join you, even aid you in some way. Many times, if you are Wiccan, or practice the art of casting the circle, your Familiar will often be drawn to the circle and come to sit inside of it.

In a way, the Familiar is the physical embodiment of your Animal guide or "Totem Animal"

Familiars are not necessary, and it is actually fairly rare to find a true witch familiar bond.

A lame, corny, but PERFECT example of this relationship is in the old hit tv series "CHARMED" The three sisters had "Kit the Kat" their familiar. Though in the tv show, it is a witch in cat form, who's duty is to guide new and young witches. Their purpose is to guide witches and aid them. But NO, after they have helped you, they will not turn back into a witch ^_^

So if you truly find a familiar, I say congratz, and hold on tight, treat them like your baby, your spouse, and your parents. They are spiritually apart of you, and it will only harm yourself if you do not give them love nurturing and respect.
Back to top Go down
https://magickentwined.forumotion.com
Nyx
Algoma(Valley of Flowers)
Nyx

Familiars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiars   Familiars Icon_minitime1February 1st 2011, 4:48 am

Thank you for explaining Smile

I'm sure I'll have more questions Razz
Back to top Go down
Tatanial Kayhon
Aghama
Tatanial Kayhon

Familiars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiars   Familiars Icon_minitime1February 1st 2011, 5:00 am

My pleasure hun! ^_^ and Questions are ALWYAS welcome!
Back to top Go down
Bodhisattva
Tigron
Bodhisattva

Familiars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiars   Familiars Icon_minitime1February 1st 2011, 11:04 am

Questions lead to growth, and I love nurturing growth.

TK touched based on basically all of it. A familiar can even be insects, or a colony of animals who have grown a bond to you. There isn't really any limit to what animal will be your familiar. Although I will advise not to use a relatively large predator for safety LoL. But each animal and species can offer a variety of unique things to the table.

They can be quite useful as they can offer things we ourselves do not have. Per instance cats have a naturally ability of peering into the astral world. Some can't do it that often though. Some are relatively sheltered from that as much as humans. I suppose it depends on their raising enviroment.

Some familiars may not even be pets though, for example a local owl you feed for example may only come during rituals at your window and fly away when you are done. I have heard of people using plants as familiars as they do apparently appear sentient, especially the more there are in a group and especially if you take care of them. They form a psychic bond with you. A tree for example is apparently a powerful ally in the rituals of nature. As they are our most beloved but unhonored siblings on this planet.

Last edited by Bodhisattva on February 1st 2011, 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tatanial Kayhon
Aghama
Tatanial Kayhon

Familiars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiars   Familiars Icon_minitime1February 1st 2011, 5:43 pm

Bodhi touches on basically the minor details I left out. Very good ^_^
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Ara(Altar)
Obelisk

Familiars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiars   Familiars Icon_minitime1February 1st 2011, 11:31 pm

I have to cats for company. Yin, a motley calico, and Yang, a burly-looking black. They were both strays I had adopted. And I considered them as my familiars!
Back to top Go down
Tatanial Kayhon
Aghama
Tatanial Kayhon

Familiars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiars   Familiars Icon_minitime1February 2nd 2011, 12:16 am

Well Obelisk, nice names, so cute, but it's in reverse in reality, Yang is the Feminine side where Yin is the strong masculine side ^_^
Back to top Go down
Mextli
Ara(Altar)

Familiars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiars   Familiars Icon_minitime1February 2nd 2011, 12:36 am

pets are awesome Very Happy i have a black cat named Tiamat shes the best
Back to top Go down
Ravens_Flame
Ara(Altar)
Ravens_Flame

Familiars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiars   Familiars Icon_minitime1March 12th 2011, 6:27 pm

I have possibly the strangest familiar ever, Herb, a guinea pig. But he connects with me and I with him, and I love him dearly xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Familiars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiars   Familiars Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Familiars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magick Entwined :: The Gardens :: Familiars-
Jump to: