Magick Entwined
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magick Entwined

Magick Entwined is a Forum dedicated to the unification of all Magick. Magick that is as bright as the Sun, or as dark as a Moonless, Starless, lightless Night. We come together to share our knowledge, our belief's, and our Love. Welcome all!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

The Warning.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kneph
Ara(Altar)
Kneph

The Warning.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Warning.    The Warning.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1January 31st 2011, 6:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, a friend of mine consulted with a family member, who happens to be Shaman, about some topics of Magick for me. She (the shaman) warned me about associating with the Wiccan Goddess. she didn't tell me why, but didn't hint that it was the most benevolent reason.
is there anything i should know about Wicca that isn't exactly in the brighter spots of the alley?
and is there any conflict between Wicca and Shamanism? another friend of mine (also shaman) told me that shamans and wiccans don't see eye to eye.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kneph
Ara(Altar)
Kneph

PostSubject: Re: The Warning.    The Warning.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 1st 2011, 3:10 pm

Lore in terms of written and recorded knowledge.

that's interesting, like how there are different types of crosses for different meanings, such as the celtic, crusader, and holy crosses?
Back to top Go down
Bodhisattva
Tigron
Bodhisattva

PostSubject: Re: The Warning.    The Warning.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 1st 2011, 3:18 pm

The lore of Wicca in terms of recorded knowledge isn't that existant until recently. I actually have a lesson in my classroom you should view as I just touched this subject on it today Smile. Anyways it was largely passed verbally to keep a sense of secret, if it was recorded it was usually locked away in a book of shadows of the coven or person.

The crosses differ greatly. The Celtic cross was introduced into popularity by St. Patrick. as the "Driver of the snakes from Ireland" Snakes was another word for druid then. He stole it from the Druids which used it assumingly to worship the sun. As that knowledge of its proper use was destroyed during the Dark Ages in which St.Patrick existed and perpetuated himself.

The Crusader cross was composed of A different form of celtic cross which was absorbed by the Greeks, in turn became a symbol of the crusades. The four other crosses represented the cardinal direction and the 4 gospels of the new testament. Some argue it might have been the five wounds of cross, hands, feet and the javelin to the stomach/heart region which is what killed him.

The cross in general wasn't only celtic, it was Egyptian too. Only known to them as the Anhk which represents eternal life and rebirth. Sounds rather similar doesn't it?

Most crosses have quite a similar meaning, generally stolen or absorbed from Celtic, Roman, Greek, and Egyptian beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Kneph
Ara(Altar)
Kneph

PostSubject: Re: The Warning.    The Warning.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 1st 2011, 3:48 pm

i just finished reading your lesson. that's awesome. there were a lot of loose ends of mine that were tied up in reading that.

are there different types of Pentacles with different symbolical meanings other than just regular and inverted? like the flower pentacle (i really like that one Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Bodhisattva
Tigron
Bodhisattva

PostSubject: Re: The Warning.    The Warning.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 1st 2011, 4:28 pm

There aren't many different variations of pentacles, theres a few. The pentagon for example is part of the same sacred geomertry/ But generally just the structuring and the designing artistic wise is what holds the meaning behind it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warning.    The Warning.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Warning.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magick Entwined :: The Central hub :: General Chat-
Jump to: